Sunburn’s 10th anniversary this past December created a lot of memories in the hearts of fans, artists and organizers alike.
Moving to a brand new home after a 9 year stay in Goa, Sunburn saw a phenomenal turnout of festival goers in its annual showcase with massive layout, huge stages, state of the art production, best in class SFX and technology with an unparalleled artist line up.
This year’s lineup was stacked with big names that included the best that the main stage had to offer as well as a few surprises. KSHMR, Axwell /\ Ingrosso and Armin van Buuren returned this year to wow the crowd with their undisputed presence on the global main stage. Adding a dash of swag to the headliner list, dance music heavyweights Afrojack and Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike empowered the crowd with their musical finesse. Debuting at the festival this year was the hardstyle genre with the Angerfist and Miss K8. For the first time Sunburn was hosted on New Year’s Eve giving fans an opportunity to usher in 2017 with a DJ of their choice.
Here are a few statistics from Sunburn 10.
- Sunburn 10 saw a total of 100+ artists, 300 + hours of explosive music, both onstage and at the pre and post parties at Blue Frog, Miami, House of Medici, Stone Water Grill, Oak Lounge, The Bottle Street, Evviva and F Beach among other venues.
- The event saw a sponsor integration of more than 20+ brands with every brand integrating a unique concept – including Renault, Gionee, Kingfisher, Smirnoff, Ola, FBB, Rayban, Sky Bags, Spice Jet, Clear Trip local, Pepsi and other partners such as Red Bull, Woodland, ICICI, Kwality Walls, Dot Shot, ITC among others.
- The Live stream on Facebook received phenomenal response with a reach of 55 million and 69 million impressions, 8.5 million views. Total live stream was 1052 minutes covering 22 artists. Exponential shares and engagement over the 4 days of the festival.
- Sunburn 10 contributed approximately Rs.1.4 crores as direct revenue to the government and generated a business of about Rs.250 crores for the region through hotel, F&B, transport and miscellaneous expenses incurred by the festival goers.
- A new brand extension this year, Sunburn Echo, a live stream event hosted in 5 cities featuring a live emcee, DJs, SFX and the works gave an authentic experience of Sunburn 10. Jaipur, Raipur, Guwahati, Ahmedabad and Vizag saw a cumulative attendance of over 20,000 fans at the Sunburn Echo.
- As a part of Sunburn’s CSR initiative, a lot of partnering brands brought forward customized solutions and services for the festival. Eureka Forbes ensured festival-goers had 24×7 free access to drinking water while Renault and Gionee provided free mobile charging stations. At the Ola Select Lounge fans could pre-book their shuttles and cabs to ensure there weren’t any last minute hassles. The shuttles and cabs promoted Don’t drink and Drive policy of the brand. ATMs provided by Yes Bank were placed strategically for the festival goers to always have cash at their disposal. All festival-goers had full internet connectivity with special telecom support provided by Airtel with 2 towers set up in the region which formerly faced zero connectivity.
- Bajaj Electricals created an eco-friendly art piece called Tree Of Light which featured energy saving lights mounted on a barren tree painted in sparkling white which encouraged the habit of saving energy in the youth for a better future apart from a beautifully lit up entry tunnels into the festival. The company was also responsible for lighting up the path to Sunburn Hills. The ‘Hollywood inspired’ Sunburn hills lettering placed on the hilltop that welcomed festivalgoers from a distance as they approached the venue.
Here’s what some of the artists had to say about Sunburn 10.
Armin van Buuren said, “The new venue is magical. I loved the view whilst driving up to the hill… It was fantastic to watch some of the artists close their sets with the sunset”
Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike said, “It was such a pleasure performing at Sunburn’s 10th year anniversary. Inspite of a new venue this year the management did a great job with ensuring the show was super successful.”
Afrojack said, “Sunburn 10 was truly magical. India has always been my favourite country to perform in as a large percentage of my fans hail from India.”
KSHMIR said, “ It was such an emotional night to close to a thousand of fans at Sunburn 10. Wishing everyone a happy new year and a great year ahead.”
Check out all the day wise highlights of Sunburn 10, here.
Latest posts by Khushrav Bhada (see all)
- T.H.E Selects – Top EDM songs | July 24, 2017 - July 24, 2017
- DJs can now charge booking agents in cryptocurrencies - July 19, 2017
- Kygo gets his own documentary – to be released July 26 on Apple Music - July 19, 2017