Being a bona-fide rockstar on stage, to making chart-topping hits off it, having a Zen-like mastery of work is paying off for Sophie Francis.
Her latest releases ‘Weekend Love’, ‘Lose My Mind’ and ‘On My Way’, cause for a total of 40 million streams on Spotify, and are just the latest evidence of her growing production prowess.
To celebrate 8 Years Of T.H.E, Sophie Francis shares 8 tips for upcoming artists.
1. Produce and perform what you love. If you really love what you do, people will sense that and appreciate you for being you.
2. Be yourself, don’t pretend to be something you are not because it will drain you and you won’t be happy in the end.
3. Don’t be afraid to listen to other people’s advice and/or criticism. Feedback will always improve your ideas and make you, your productions, and sets stronger and better.
4. Be a little bit stubborn sometimes… because if you really believe in something, then just go for it and you will be certain that it will become something cool and good.
5. Do everything with 120% compassion because that will reflect back in everything that you do.
6. There will always be some negative people and haters, learn to live with it and surround yourself with positive vibes and positive people.
7. Learn to travel with just hand luggage and start learning rolling up your clothes super small. Because once you travel a lot, it will save you so much time.
8. DON’T drink too much coffee, because once you travel a lot and it is the “keep you awake tool”, you will get too dependant on this yummy black goodness.
If you’re a producer, you should definitely be able to relate to some of those.
Don’t forget to check out her latest single, “Roll Up”.