After 3 years in development, the Axtone Academy is here. The most comprehensive electronic music production course on the market is brought to you by Axwell and his team at Axtone Records.
WHAT IS THE ACADEMY ABOUT?
The Academy gives you the chance to gain extensive music production knowledge and vital skills that could take you from rookie to stardom. There is also the incredible opportunity to enter your tracks into the Axtone Talent Pool where you could be chosen to become part of the Axtone roster.
The course is fully on-demand, covering all aspects of production. Suitable for every kind of producer, from beginner to the more advanced practitioner. Thanks to its innovative and multi-level approach it can be studied and applied on any kind of workstation.
- FULLY ON-DEMAND: Follow directly from home or where you want, when you want. Study at your own rhythm, no more missed concepts, the course is yours forever.
- A COMPLETE COURSE: A complete music production course from A to Z, going from the mindset to mix & mastering, through composition, structure, Harmonics and more.
- GET SIGNED TO AXTONE: With the Academy, you have the incredible opportunity of submitting your tracks directly to Axtone. Don’t miss your chance.
CAN YOU TRY IT FOR FREE?
On www.axtoneacademy.com you can test the academy for free. Simply register to the academy site and you can try 4 free video lessons extracted directly from the academy where you will learn:
- LESSON 1: how to write and structure a powerful bass
- LESSON 2: how to treat synths in a song and the ones Axwell uses
- LESSON 3: how to write strong melodies like ‘Don’t You Worry Child’
- LESSON 4: how to make the bass and the drum groove work together
WHO IS THE TEACHING TEAM?
Axwell has selected the best teachers from Axtone and around the industry to build the ultimate team.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT?
80 HD Videos, 90 Texts, 70 Handouts, 21 Downloads, Live tutor for questions.
FULL PROGRAM INDEX
CHAPTER 1: THE DRUMS
– General Overview and the Groove Elements
– The KICK – The key parameters to design a kick drum
– The Kick and the ADSR
– The KICK – The Phase in the Low Frequencies and Club Setups
– The KICK – How to Use a Sampled One and Modify its ADSR + Pitch
– KICK & BASS tips and tricks
– Kick Tips & Synths
– Overall DRUMS – How to Write Them
– Creative Drum Effects
– The 3+3+2 Pattern
– The FULL DRUMS GROOVE and the Swing
CHAPTER 2: THE BASS
– Intro and BASS TYPES
– SPLIT BASS EXAMPLES: The importance of the SUB frequencies
– The SUB BASS
– The Bass Movements PART 1
– The BASS Movements Part 2
– How to write a POWERFUL BASS
– How to create a BASSLINE
CHAPTER 3: THE SYNTHESIS
– Synthesis Overview and Additive synthesis
– The Subtractive synthesis
– The ADSR and LFO
– MIX READY SOUND and making a sound from scratch
– How I use synths
– How I use synths
– Bass Synth FX processing (CAMELPHAT remix example)
CHAPTER 4: THE HARMONICS
– Main harmonic groups and their characteristics
– The Major scale
– The Minor scale and how to quickly write them in a DAW
– Creative lead writing
– The Chords
– Evolved chords and how to write them
– Chords progressions and the CIRCLE OF FIFTHS
– The PAD
– How to write chords from melodies “Don’t You Worry Child”
– How I make harmonics
CHAPTER 5: THE TRACK STRUCTURE
– How to record an incoming signal
– Vocal Editing: Best Take | Volume Riding | Variations
– The Creative use of Acapellas
– Vocal Chops: Samples and/or Acapellas as musical instruments
– How to treat a Pop Vocal
– The creative use of a Vocal
CHAPTER 6: THE TRACK STRUCTURE
– The Track structure (Verse, Bridge, Chorus
– The “emotional growth” – Theory
– How to structure a track
– Track Structure Tips
CHAPTER 7: MIX & MASTER
– The Mix Engineer tools: Corrective EQ and Creative EQ
– The Mix Engineer tools: Compressor / Gate / Expander
– The Mix Engineer tools: The Sidechain
– The Mix Engineer tools: Reverbs
– The Mix Engineer tools: Transient Shaper
– The Mix Engineer tools: Delay
– The Mix Engineer tools: Harmonic Exciters
– The Mix Engineer tools: Space Imagers
– The Mix Engineer tools: The Limiter
– How to approach the Mix and my finalization Masterchain
– Full Mix Example and the Axtone style Mastering