The first official single to come from their sixth studio album (landing this June), ‘Falling Back’ sees Cosmic Gate team-up with one of the voices of the post-millennial electronic music generation.
From his breakout turn on Filo & Peri’s classic ‘Anthem’, the super-expressive tones of Eric Lumiere have most recently been heard unifying floors on Giuseppe Ottaviani’s club-smash ‘Love Will Bring It All Around’. Together, on their first studio collaboration, Nic, Bossi & Eric have collectively delivered one track that’s as touching and meaningful, as it is floor-raising.
The fast-lane festival-ism of ‘So Get Up’ – their first WYM Records release – brought dancefloors to high ascension at the end of last year. Now, with ‘Falling Back’, Cosmic Gate again display their stylistically versatile production abilities, offering something spiritually and vocally deeper.
Sonically, ‘Falling Back’ brilliantly contrasts distortion, electro and electronica with Eric Lumiere’s lyrically captivating vocal infiltration. Bleepy sub-riffs, angular analogue synthery and epic pianos provide the track’s drive as ‘Falling Back’s “soulfully stirring vocals” (says MIXMAG) deliver the lift that prompted DJ Mag to label the track “an anthem-in-a-can”. It’s released May 16th.
01. Falling Back – with Eric Lumiere (Extended Mix)
02. Falling Back – with Eric Lumiere (Radio Edit)
- Dress The Part: What Should I Wear When I DJ Events - December 1, 2020
- T.H.E Interview – Dress Code - July 7, 2019
- ULTRA Worldwide Announces ULTRA Singapore | Becomes Two-Day, Three-Stage Festival - January 18, 2016