In the light of the recent allegations of sexual assault that have come up from multiple sources against Bassnectar, real name Lorin Ashton, he announced late last week that he was stepping back and putting a halt to his musical career.
The allegations that began surfacing on an Instagram account @evidenceagainstbassnectar made with the just one purpose, to reveal evidence against Lorin.
Before this page was created, conversations had already sparked in a private Facebook group where Bassnectar had responded to the allegations calling them completely untrue saying,
“The rumours of sexual misconduct that are circulating about me are completely untrue. I want to leave it at that because it truly is that simple. I have never been involved in anything that was not absolutely, unequivocally consensual. During a time when high profile men are being called out for their violence against women, I am proud to be an ally of women and stand in solidarity with victims. Thank you to all those who are listening to real victims of abuse and standing to support women.”
In that statement made at the end of June he had also said that in support of victims, he would offer free therapy sessions for “anyone who feels like they need support and don’t know how to get it.” To receive these sessions free for the next month, they need to email [email protected] and they were to be connected only with women from Bassnectar’s team who will link them with a therapist to address their issues however they see fit.
In the following days as the allegations grew and even began to come from his female collaborators, on July 3 in an official statement, Lorin said he would be stepping back from his music career and stepping down from his position of power and privilege in the music community. All through the statement, he continued to say the allegations and rumours were all untrue, but at the same time said, “I realize some of my past actions have caused pain, and I am deeply sorry.”
— Bassnectar (@bassnectar) July 3, 2020
He also went on to say, “I feel intense compassion for anyone I may have hurt. I truly hope you allow me a chance to work together toward healing.” He also mentions he is handing off his non-profit Be Interactive to his team and they will continue the work without his involvement.
- Ibiza In Talks to Start Rapid Testing To Allow Tourists To Return in 2021 - October 17, 2020
- Erick Morillo’s Autopsy Reveals Cause Of Death As An Accidental Ketamine Overdose - October 16, 2020
- Orca Sound Project Works On Jewellery Line Made From Recycled Plastics Found On Ibiza Beaches - October 12, 2020