The UMM CIRCUIT is a DJ competition brought to you by fashion brand UMM (Underground Music Movement) that serves as a platform for aspiring DJ’s in India to showcase their skills and passion for music.
This year witnessed the second edition – UMM Circuit 2.0, which was powered by Pioneer Dj and event was executed by Submerge. The event is over and there are some pretty good stats coming in: This year’s competition saw a total of over 780+ entries across India with over 35,000 user votes.
A jury panel consisting of Dj Skip, Dj Kan-i, Candice Redding, Nawed Khan & Rohit Barker judged the top entries.
The regional winners were the following DJs:
• Rahul Indoria – Kolkata
• Abi Jacob – Hyderabad
• Sake of Bass – Mumbai
• YD – Pune
• Dj Frank Smiles – Bangalore
The Grand Finale, which was held on Oct 7 at Spice Terraces, JW Marriot, Bangalore saw all regional winners (including Kabira, who was the 1st runner up at the Kolkata regional finale and also the wild card entry) battle it out for the title.
Pioneer DJ marketing team, Tuhin Mehta and Jewelz & Sparks judged the finalist on their mixing skills, track selection, equipment knowledge, crowd interaction and confidence on stage on a 50 point scale, with each criteria having 10 points.
The winner was set to walk away with a Pioneer DJ – XDJ – RX Console, a Beat Factory Platinum producer course, a fully paid trip to an international festival, a one year artist management contract with Submerge and loads of merchandise from UMM.
• The Grand finale winner was announced to be Sake of Bass from Mumbai!
The other’s ranked in order were:
• First runner up – Abi Jacob from Hyderabad. Who won a Pioneer Dj DDJ-RR console and a Sound pro course from Beat Factory.
• Second runner up – YD from Pune. Who won a Pioneer DJ DDJ RB console and a EMP course from Beat factory.
• Third Runner up – Rahul Indoria from Kolkata, who won the Pioneer Dj HDJ 1500 headphone.
• Fourth runner up – Dj Frank smiles from Bangalore, who won the Pioneer Dj HDJ 1500 headphone.
All finalists additionally received gift hampers from the latest autumn winter collection from UMM.
The event featured an opening set by last year’s winner Dual Vibes, followed by Bangalore’s favourite RJ & DJ Rohit Barker.
Jewels & Sparkz not only judged the Grande finale, but played an awesome high energy 90 min set to wrap up the proceedings for UMM Circuit 2.0
Thanks to UMM, Pioneer Dj & Submerge for putting up such an amazing platform for young talented artists & DJs. We look forward to UMM Circuit 3.0!!
Latest posts by Khushrav Bhada (see all)
- Top EDM songs you need to add to your playlist now! - July 15, 2018
- This Tomorrowland merchandise is all you need for the perfect festival look! - June 30, 2018
- Tomorrowland – A walk down memory lane - June 30, 2018