Presented by IMS and Mixmag, the Visionaries Contest is excited to return in 2016.
Created by IMS in 2015 in order to encourage and support the next generation of industry minds, the global search aims to foster young, progressive thinkers in search of a worldwide platform – and provides an audience of the industry’s most important leaders to share their ideas and let their voices be heard.
IMS and Mixmag will invite all young industry hopefuls to take action, influence the electronic music industry and change the future of music. Participants age 25 and below are welcome to submit a 5 to 10-minute video answering the prompt: “How can we grow and innovate the electronic music industry in the future?”
Submissions are due by April 6th, 2016 and one global winner will be selected from either North America or Europe as a keynote speaker to IMS Engage (April 21st, 2016) or IMS Ibiza (May 25th – 27th, 2016).
The winner will receive an all-inclusive trip with flights and accommodation covered, plus access to all official IMS parties. The valuable opportunity will also include the chance to interview for an internship at three esteemed companies within the electronic music industry, as well as a six-month mentorship from industry leaders curated and lead by Andreea Magdalina, founder of SheSaid.So – a global network of women who work in the industry.
The first of the three industry companies that will offer possible internship opportunities is Listen Up, a leading PR company with offices in both the UK and LA that offer a 360 promotional services for renowned dance music talents like Avicii, Zedd, Pacha and many more. Secondly, the winner will speak with the Washington DC, Los Angeles and Barcelona-based The Bullitt Agency, an acclaimed agency that represents a slew of electronic music’s leading talents including Dubfire, Deep Dish, Pleasurekraft, Hot Since 82 and many more. Finally, the winner will also receive the chance to work with International Music Summit itself, the premier global platform of thoughtful conversation and discussion in electronic music with international destinations like Los Angeles, Ibiza and Shanghai.
The inaugural edition of the Visionaries Contest in 2015 saw an outpouring of interest from the bright young minds of the industry and celebrated two winners that have used the Visionaries Contest to launch into their careers in the electronic music industry. Valerie Lee of Los Angeles, CA shared an important look into the history of US dance music culture in relation to drug policy, and now holds two positions in the industry as the West Coast Editor of Mixmag and Content Manager of IMS. Ben Bowler of London, UK submitted a powerful perspective on the future of electronic music through the lens of live experiences and brand partnerships. Ben is the founder of his own Chew.TV streaming app, and has made connections around the world during his time at IMS Ibiza and continues to push his vision into a global project.
“Visionaries has supplied the valuable opportunity for my interest in the electronic music to truly flourish into a career. After winning the inaugural Visionaries in 2015, my ideas transformed into real conversations with leaders of the industry and eventually formed into a position with two principal forces in electronic music. Today, I’m proud to be part of the IMS team as the Content Manager and the West Coast Editor of Mixmag – two opportunities afforded to me thanks to Visionaries.” Valerie Lee, IMS Engage Visionaries winner 2015
VISIONARIES CONTEST PRIZES:
– Invitation to either IMS Engage or IMS Ibiza as a keynote speaker to speak in front of a room full of the industry’s leaders
– Round trip ticket to either Los Angeles (North American winner) or Ibiza (European winner)
– Accommodation during your IMS stay at either the W Hotel Hollywood or Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza
– Access to all official IMS parties
– Six-month mentorship program curated and lead by Andreea Magdalina, founder of SheSaid.So
– The opportunity to interview for an internship at three major industry companies – Listen Up, The Bullitt Agency, and IMS
– Business start-up advice session with Transmit Startups
VISIONARIES CONTEST PROMPT:
How can we grow and innovate the electronic music industry in the future?
– Allow your ideas to challenge the status quo of the industry today.
– Think evolution and inspiration.
– Help inspire all generations of the industry to progress to the next level!
HOW TO ENTER:
1. Create a 5 to 10 minute video, uploaded to YouTube.
2. Submit the video and entry form before April 6th: http://www.internationalmusicsummit.com/visionaries-contest/
1. Participants must be 25 years or younger.
2. Participants can be geographically based anywhere in the world, but flights will only be covered from North American or European cities.
3. Submissions must be submitted by April 6th.