For beginners, the ideal violins to buy are those with less expensive price tags but are good enough for everyday practice.
On the other hand, professional violinists need a better quality violin to keep up with their stricter requirements. They need an instrument that is in tune, easy to handle, and robust for a rigorous performance.
So how do you find a high-quality violin? The following is a helpful guide to make sure you score the best instrument:
- Buying a violin is like investing. Before anything else, you need to keep in mind that violins and other musical instruments are long term investments. Don’t just focus on the price, but also consider the benefits it will give you in the long run. The higher quality your violin, the longer lifespan it will have.
- You can rent or borrow before actually buying your own violin. If you’re just beginning to learn how to play the violin, it’s not advisable to go buy your own instrument. Chances are, your needs will differ from each stage of the learning process so don’t buy a violin just yet.
- Do some research. When you’re ready to purchase yourself a violin, make sure to research thoroughly. Visit some reliable websites and see the price range of the violin you want to buy. There are myriad of violin shop you can look into to gather data for your Antonio Strad Violin purchase. Compare and then draw your decision from the information you have.
- Decide whether you need a new or used violin. Beginners would choose new violins because it gives them satisfaction. However, it’s also smart to buy a used instrument when you’re just beginning in the craft. And when you’re really skilled in playing the violin, maybe you can shift to a new one.
- Find your size. One of the most important considerations to make when scoring a high-quality violin is to find your size. Know your hand size and arm length in order to determine which violin suits your body size.
- Consider some accessories to make playing the violin easier and comfortable. If you have extra budget, you can look for the essential accessories you can use to improve your violin experience. You can start with a rosin, bow, or chin rest.
This guide is both for beginner and professional violinists. If you know where to start when looking for a high-quality violin, then you can surely find the exact instrument you’ve been dreaming of.