In March of 2018, deadmau5 enchanted fans with where’s the drop?, an album of re-imagined orchestral arrangements of his previous work, in collaboration with musical director Gregory Reveret.
The album led to deadmau5 performing the material with a full orchestra over two sold-out nights at the iconic Wiltern Theater in Los Angeles. Now the music receives a remix treatment called here’s the drop! out on mau5trap October 4.
Over the course of the 15 tracks on here’s the drop!, plenty of revered tastemakers have been tapped for their talents to make this remix album a cerebral journey through sound. Morgan Page — who deadmau5 remixed his 2013 single “The Longest Road” – offers up his version of “imaginary friends,” Matt Lange tackles “superbia,” and many more expertly reimagined offerings round out this ambitious album from mau5trap’s current artists and alumni such as Mr Bill, Sian, Rinzen and Tinlicker.
There is also a remix from deadmau5’ collaborator from where’s the drop? Gregory Reveret.
The full tracklist follows below.
01. imaginary friends (ov) [Morgan Page Remix]
02. luxuria (ov) [Tinlicker Remix]
03. coelacanth (ov) [Gregory Reveret Remix]
04. acedia (ov) [Rinzen Remix]
05. avaritia (ov) [Seismal D Remix]
06. monophobia (ov) [Sian Remix]
07. gula (ov) [Pig&Dan Remix]
08. invidia (ov) [No Mana Remix]
09. unjaded (ov) [Mad Zach Remix]
10. ira (ov) [Gallya Remix]
11. fn pig (ov) [Spencer Brown Remix]
12. hr 8938 cephei (ov) [Mr. Bill Remix]
13. superbia (ov) [Matt Lange Remix]
14. caritas (ov) [Dom Kane Remix]
15. strobe (ov) [PEEKABOO Remix]
To give a taste of what to expect, mau5trap is offering today mau5trap artist Spencer Brown’s “fn pig,” delivering a genre-melding and hypnotic expedition that complements the source material, but also creates surprising new interpretations on moments in the music.
Meanwhile, deadmau5 can now be found on his Cubev3 U.S. tour featuring the most complex production he has ever presented. The original cube debuted at Coachella April 2010, catapulting deadmau5 to become one of the most in-demand live acts in the world, with its follow-up Cube 2.1 arriving in 2017 at the launch of his “lots of shows in a row tour.” cubev3 – changing positions from 90 degrees into 45 degrees and rotate 360 degrees—comes to life with mind-bending content accompanied by a custom selection of music performed live by deadmau5.