Though only a group for less than 6 months, Romen Jewels have attained hundreds of thousands of plays on their remixed and original tracks, and over a million in combined listens and views.
To celebrate 8 Years Of T.H.E, the duo share 8 tips that they feel would benefit new artists immensely.
1) Never be afraid to explore and fail
One thing we could never be is to become perfect. It’s not a one shot type of thing. Ive read and know a lot of artists who embraced failure countless times before they reach whatever achievements they have now. If you love what you do, failures are just like gasoline in your journey.
2) Never think you know it all regardless of your achievements
There will always be someone better than us or someone who is more knowledgeable in something but it doesn’t mean one is better than the other. Embrace and absorb the good things you see, feel and hear in the industry or from other people or artists (including criticism) and channel out the ones that doesn’t apply to you or the negative ones. You know how all these other artists stay on top and stay respected in the game like Flux? Because they never stop evolving
3) Never hate or compare yourself to other artists
4) Its normal and its okay to admire other style of musicality and artistry but never think you are better than the artist next to you. We are all here to create, to fail, to learn, to share and to find our own self and for as long as you love what you do, the right ears will always follow! Music is very subjective!
5) Do it for the right reasons. Go into music because it fills your soul and not for reasons that are disingenuous.
6) If you truly love it, keep going and do not get discouraged. No matter what happens, remember why you started doing music in the first place. Most likely it was because it made you feel really good, so do let anyone take that away from you.
7) Don’t use ghost producers (jk but not really haha) But honestly, if you cant make music, and you need someone to do it for you, is that being real? The whole point of making music is cause it gives people a chance for their soul to talk and express themselves through sound…
8) Being grateful!
This one is pretty simple. Never forget the journey and the people you’ve met, you’ve worked and people who’ve helped you because you are who you are now because of all of them and most especially, your listeners and fans! Be grateful and have faith that someday, all of these experiences will bear happiness and fulfilment not because you became famous but because you have touched and sometimes, even healed the hearts of people, whether it’s just 5 or 5 million of them.
We have made a special playlist to help you stay engaged, and stay at home during this lockdown, you can stream it here.